|Thursday, May 10|
|9:00 am - 10:30 am|
Vendor and Developer Adoption of OGF Grid Standards
This session is targeted towards Vendors and Developers with the goals of:
1) Discussing major OGF standards and profiles, how they address fundamental
requirements in the enterprise arena, how they fit together, and
2) Identifying key adoption issues facing vendors and developers.
We will discuss specific OGF standards, such as JSDL, BES, the HPC Profile, DRMAA, and SAGA, clarify how they relate to one another, their level of maturity, and also examine any dependencies on external organizations. Comments and feedback will be solicited from the attendees on "why I haven't adopted this standard" and "what I need to help me adopt this standard".
You will leave the session with:
1) An understanding of the major OGF standards,
2) How these standards can help you deliver value to your customers, and
3) How OGF can facilitate this process.
The results of this session, in terms of key standards and adoption issues, will be briefed to the OGF Technical Strategy Committee as part of the OGF standards alignment process.
Location: Charter Suite 5